Library is a Heart of the Organization or Institute. Library plays vital role in the development of the student as well as the faculty member. Library is trinity of students, Staff member and Resources. Library built collection and create tool to support teaching and learning to provide better services to user.
Sanjivani Arts, Commerce and Science college has established its own library in year 2012 for student as well as faculty members under the dynamic leadership of our founder Chairman at then Ex. Minister of Maharashtra state – Hon. Shri Shankarraoji Kolhe sir and Managing Trustee Hon. Shri Amitdada Kolhe sir. Since then library has made consistent progress in terms of collection of books, periodicals, CDs, E-resources, services and Infrastructure provided.
Library automation and network facilities facilitate a library in acquisition of information and dissemination the same within a short period of time, which is very essential in this ages of information revolution. In this context, the circulations of library is automated using online system. Students can pre-register for the required book through internet and can issue the same from College.
Mission of library:
“We aim to give maximum information for maximum number of times by maximum possible ways in minimum time.”
Vision of library:
- To build and create the tools to support students and faculty for their teaching, learning and research activities.
- To provide a mechanism to the students and faculty for their lifelong pursuit of information, knowledge and wisdom
Objectives of Library:
- To provide effective, responsive and innovative services.
- To support and enhance teaching and learning processes by delivering and promoting the effective use of information resources.
- To maintain a current and useful library collection reflecting the needs of all courses and Learners.
- To promote the sanding, excellence and collaborative library services, for user community.
The library is well equipped, up-to-date variety of books. It has nearly 3218 textbooks and reference books. During the year 2016-17, 375 books of Rs. 2,61,653/- worth has been added in the library. We received 39 books as donation during the year in the library. 04 daily newspapers in English, and Marathi along with various periodical magazines on different disciplines are subscribed. The library has a special collection of competitive exam resources. The library collection comprising of books, journals, and other reading material as on August 2017 stands as follows:
a) Total No. of Books – 3218
b) Total No. of SR books – 2992
d) Total No of Reference Books – 96
e) Total no. of Periodical Bound Volumes – 06
g) Total No. of Journals – 16
h) Total No. of News Papers – 04
j) Total No. of CD/ DVD’s – 65
k) Total No. of Donated books – 39
Library Academic Calendar (2017-18):
|1.||Notice for library Membership (Compulsory)||June 2017|
|2.||Library Orientation & Information Literacy Programme (New Admission)||July 2017|
|3.||Notice for Book Requirements from staff||June – July 2017|
|4.||Books Order||July –August 2017|
|5.||Library Advisory Committee Meeting||June, Aug, Nov, Mar.|
|6.||Books Exhibition of books||January 2018|
|7.||Open Suggestion box and discussion in the departmental meeting||November 2018|
|8.||Notice of Book return from students and staff||March, APril 2018|
|9.||Prepare pending books list||April, May 2018|
|10.||Stock Verification||May –June 2018|
- Working hours of Library: 10.00 am to 5.30 pm.
- Circulation Counter Timing: 10.00 am to 5.30 pm
- Library is open on all working days except public and national holidays.
- Students: 2 books for 8 days.
- Faculty members: 10 books
- Non-reaching Staff: 5 books for 1 month.
- Other Readers: 2 books for 15 days.
Library Advisory Committee (AY 2017-18):
|1.||Dr. Dahikar S. B.||Chairman||Principal|
|2.||Shri. Chatur S. R.||Secretary||Library|
|3.||Prof Aher A. D.||Member||Science faculty|
|4.||Prof Kurankar K. P.||Member||Science faculty|
|5.||Prof Bagga A. R.||Member||Commerce faculty|
|6.||Prof Ghodke S. P.||Member||BBA-IB faculty|
|7.||Mr Bagal S. B.||Member||Student representative|
|8.||Ms Todrwal Devyani P.||Member||Student representative|
The library committee has been to formulate policies and guidelines for the smooth functioning of the library.
- Library Committee is formed of Principal, Faculty Members, students and librarian.
- Committee frames the rules/regulations.
- Committee frame the library rules which are not rigid but are flexible and suits the needs of the readers.
- Committee checks recommend and approve materials to be acquired.
Management involves at final sanctioning
Library Facilities and Services:
The library has a key role in supporting the academic activities of the institution by establishing, maintaining and promoting the following library facilities and information services.
- Book Circulation.
- Reference Service.
- Inter Library Loan Service.
- Current Awareness Service.
- News Papers Clipping Service.
- Reprography Service.
- Internet Service.
- Book Reservation Facility.
- Open Access Facility.
- Reading Room Facility.
- Reprographic Facility.
- Internet Facility.
- OPAC Facility.
- New Arrivals Display
- Audio-Visual CD’s/DVD Facility.
- Career Development Related Information Display and Notification.
- Literature Search.
- News Paper Clipping.
- Book Review
- Prepared the library policy for the smooth functioning of the library.
- Library User’s Orientation / Information Literacy to new enrolled Student & Faculty
- Suggestion box and Feed back timely response.
- Displaying new arrivals books/List to Departmental Libraries
- Book Exhibition.
- User Involvement in books selection
- Departmental Libraries
Library rules for the students of the College.
- All students must make use of the library facility to enrich their academic excellence.
- Only enrolled students are allowed to enter the college library on the strength of a valid Identity Card, which must be produced as and when it is demanded by the library staff or college teaching staff.
- Complete silence must be maintained in & near the library.
- Using the cell phone in the library is strictly prohibited.
- Infringement of the library rules will result in the withdrawal of the library from the student.
- All cases of the violation of rules will be reported to the Principal for suitable action.
- In case of any difficulty readers can approach the Librarian.
- The book can be borrowed as follows on production of this card. (FY, SY, TY- 2 Cards)
- Library book will be issued to the regular students for home lending only during the Eight days.
- Two book will be issued for home lending the two library card. Pure reference books, issues of periodicals, magazines, and newspapers will not be allowed out of the library or for home lending.
- If this card is lost or damaged this borrowers shall have to pay a fine of Rs. 10/- for each card.
- The librarian may recall a Book at any time in case of urgency.
- A fine of Rs.5/- per day will be charged for the late return of the books issued for overnight reading.
- Book must be returned on due date otherwise a fine 1/- Rupee per day for will be charged.
- At the time the book is issued for reading in the reading room or for home reading, the student must satisfy himself / herself that the book is not damaged or that the pages are not missing or torn. If there is a damage or loss of pages or torn of pages, it must be brought to the notice of the library staff. Otherwise they will be held responsible for any damage, loss, or torn pages.
- Books once issued should not be brought inside, unless it is to be returned.
- Books are re-issued only one time, if there are no claims
- Do not utilize library facility during lectures hrs.
- Readers are requested to see the notice board regularly.
- Complete silence and strict discipline should be maintained in the library and reading room.
- Newspapers & Magazines must be read only in the library should not be taken outside.
- Book will be issued for reading in the reading room in the library on producing the Identity Card. Books are not to be taken out of the library on any account. Infringement of this rule will make the defaulter liable to an automatic forfeiture or the Identity Card.
- All cases of disregard of these rules will be reported to the Principal for appropriate action.
Books damaged or lost or torn pages:
- If the book is lost or damaged by the students or if the pages are missing from the book, the value of the book shall have to be paid at the double price.
Mr. Chatur Suryabhan R.
Sanjivani Rural Education Society,s Kopargaon
Sanjivani Arts, Commerce & Science Senior College,
Sahajanandnagar Kopergaon 423603
Contact No.: +91 98609 10604
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about library
Who can become a regular member of College library?
Any student who is admitted to any of the courses offered by the college or any staff (teaching and non-teaching) can become the member of SACS library.
Can you tell me Photocopy charges per page ?
Photocopy charges are Rs1 per page.
What can be Photocopied ?
Entire book cannot be photocopied. Periodical articles can be photocopied. Ph.D. Thesis and Dissertations cannot be photocopied.
What is library timing?
Working hours of Library: 10.00 am to 5.30 pm.
Circulation Counter Timing: 10.00 am to 5.30 pm
Library is open on all working days except public and national holidays.