The College has two labs for Chemistry practicals. Each lab has sufficient number of equipment and facilities. The combined area of Chemistry lab is 2270 square feets.
Rules for students to be followed in the lab
- Do not work unsupervised in the lab.
- Do not eat or drink in the lab.
- No unauthorized experiments are to be performed.
- Always tie up your tie or long hair.
- Never taste anything. Never directly smell the source of any vapor or gas
- Discard broken glass in a dust bin.
- Dispose of chemical waste in designated waste containers or by designated procedures.
- Never leave a flame unattended.
- Never return unused chemical to the reagent bottle.
- Never point the open end of a test tube toward anyone in the lab.
- Do not remove flammable/votile materials from under the hood.
- Notify the instructor immediately in case of and accident.
- Many common reagents for example, alcohol and acetone are highly flammable. Do not use them anywhere near open flames.
- Always pour acids into water.
- If chemicals come in contact with your skin or eyes flush immediately with copious amount of water and consult with your instructor.
- All students must wear a lab coat at time of practical.